Meeting Old Friend


A photo of Teo Baba still hangs in the restaurant where he lived even though the restaurant changed owners and name.

Strange
A stranger
Never met
Never will meet
For he died
In 2000
Yet
Teo has been present
In my life
In the form of a script
Since 2001

His former home
Above a café
His portrait
Still having a presence
His paintings
Witnesses
Of a life
Of transformation

Discovering
My refection
In his portrait
As I filmed
As if
I bumped
Into an old friend
As you do
When you come home

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Marcel
There are two old friends in that image. Very meaningful and a potent message to you.
Great to hear you are enjoying your time in Kathmandu.
Miss you,
Marica

Marcel Baaijens said...

Indeed, "meeting" up with myself as much as with Teo. Marcel