Healing Script part 6: Empty Seat

Terrace at Mar Musa Monastery, Syria

It was time to join the others for supper.
Unaware that soul had won this round of the battle
I sat down on the parameter wall by myself.
But I did not remain ignorant for long.

When stool became free I sat next to a new arrival.
“Where are you from?”, I asked.
“India”, the girl replied.
“Where in India?” I continued.
“Varanasi.” She said.
“That’s were I am going”, I said surprised.
“What for?” she asked.
"To film and to spend a lot of time on the ghats of the Ganges."
“Well”, she said. “We have a house set up for long term guests just like you”.
I nearly fell off my little stool.
“No, you are kidding me. But...
I want to be right next to the river though,
As close to the action as I can get”, I stressed.
“Well, let me see...” she said with a little chuckle in her voice,
It's about 30 meters from the Ganges,
Has a rooftop terrace with majestic views, will that do?”
-Will that do…!

This astonishing coincidence signaled that
I was no longer living my script of lonely disconnection,
That I could once again trust,
That everything will be OK,
That I was OK now,
That the battle was over.

The next morning
The fevers that had been plaguing me for weeks on end
Were gone,
Setting me free to continue my journey,
In search of a ‘home-within’.

No comments: