Broken Boon in Need: Update 2



For the first time since Wednesday I saw Pasang smile. He also responded for the first time to my questions. His parents also looked a lot more relaxed. They must have finally realised that financial help was coming through. Pasang was released from hospital today. With that my involvement will end.

Last night I visited Swiss people who helped me with Teo’s text in German. It was quite late by the time I left. Public transport in the city finishes at around 9 pm. A bus did come my way. I waved, as you do here if you want to board a bus. It stopped but was empty of passengers. The driver and conductor were on their way home from work. That did not stop them to take me and drop me off where I needed to be, free of charge.

How is that for service, where in the (first) world would that happen? Little things like this make Nepal such a great place. Despite all the poverty and suffering human kindness prevails here. Even a 10- year armed conflict could not destroy that.

No comments: