Tree of Life


This is one tree, enormous and ancient. It is the cutting of a cutting of the Bodhi tree where Buddha was born, Lumbini, Nepal

If Buddha's soul entered this world right here in Lumbini, Nepal, would that mean anything today, could that be of relevance to me, some 2600 years later? If this site has any merit, so let it manifest within me for the sake of myself and all sentient beings, as they say in Buddhism. May I receive a sign, an insight, a revelation, any form of enlightenment, whatever that may mean in this moment and time. With this request in mind I began to breathe in a way that strengthens life force energy and used it to connect with the site.

Immediately an image sprung to mind of a mandala surrounded by a circle, similar to the plan of a stupa. "But what does that mean?", I wondered. I barely had time to wait for an answer: "Walk around in circles, getting nowhere, let go of striving, of trying to get somewhere, plans, aspirations, expectations, just be. The mind will know the circle after one circumambulation and not expect anything new, get bored, switch off and be 'side-lined'. It is then that peace, new insights and purpose can be experienced.

Well, what can I say to that?

No comments: