Namaste


Newari woman in the town of Tansen, Nepal

Like 22 years ago, the first time I went to Nepal, I am so happy to be here. It is my fifth time, and if you wonder why, just look at this photo. The people are one of the best in the world. I do not speak the language except some basics, but you don't need that to have a great time with the locals here, no matter their age, caste or gender. This is specially so when you step away from the touristy areas.

This woman was part of a group stitching leaves together that are being used as plates. The kids belonging to the women yelled from a distance "Namaste" (hello, welcome). I had a ball hanging out with them, filming, teasing, playing. When I was ready to leave them they insisted I had a cuppa tea first that was specially brewed for me. The pleasure was totally mutual.

No comments: