The Colour Orange



I love the colour orange, to such an extend that as long as something orange, no matter how gross or ugly, I will like it. Well this is heaven for me as India is a very colourful place with lots of orange. Unfortunately wearing orange is reserved for holy men so I can't wear my bright orange top here. Its too hot for that anyway.

Orange is also the colour representing anything Dutch. This because the surname of the Dutch royal family is 'Oranje' or Orange. That is not the reason why I like that colour, but it is a funny coincidence. It is also the colour associated with the second chakra or energy centre of the body, the centre of procreation and creativity. It is also a colour that I associate with Buddhism, novice monks in Thailand wear only orange for example.

Why I like this colour so much, I really don't know, it is not because of any of the cultural associations above. It just pulls me in, overrides my rational mind, almost like an addiction. I want it so badly, I like it so much, as if I have an unsatisfying hunger for... well for what? What is it about orange that I want so much, any of its associated cultural meanings, its frequency (as in light)?

Click HERE to visit a site that talks about other meanings associated with the colour orange

No comments: