Angelic Slovakian Voice


What touched me most during my weekend visit to Vienna was the angelic voice of three blind Slovakian folk singers, busking in the main streets of downtown Vienna, filling the street with the vibrations from their hearts. Every few hundred meters there was life music to be heard from places like Serbia, Rumania, Slovakia, Hungary. My entire weekend was filled with music, in the metro, a concert hall, the churches, the streets, all free it happened to be.

I fell in love with Vienna, again! The last time I was in Vienna was 22 years ago, just graduated, I was taken there to be trained as a tourguide, everything was taken care off. I was totally broke, but I felt so rich, so fortunate. I hummed Strauss waltzes all the time I was there. It was magic. This time it was no different. Less broke, but definately not in a position to spend lots of money to attend cultural events. I did not need to. Again I felt priviledged, light, content, connected, at ease, at peace, filled with light. So happy to just wander and be.

No comments: