Brain Works


















Image: self portrait July 06

With a strong right hemispheric dominance and strong visual preference, I am very likely to fit into most people's stereotype of an artist. I tend to perceive the whole, respond to patterns, overlook differences and seek diversity. I deal with material randomly and intuitively, and I tend to find symbolism everywhere.
For me categories are temporary, created and re-created as events unfold. Thus learning can be unlearned more rapidly when needed. This implies that I continuously adapt to new situations and find differences in situations that others may not notice. My learning style is naturally dynamic and flexible yet not totally chaotic.

Organisation may not be my forte and I am likely to perceive it at times as constricting while recognising the benefits that come from structure. While capable of being logical, I respond to my own inner directed-ness(intuition) which is often not explainable, not even to myself, since it requires sophisticated left-brain translation. I have a tendency to become more involved with the abstract (symbolism) in seeking out relationships and arriving at answers. More than most other people, I am self-directed and skilled at moving easily from project to project.

My visual preference implies that I am active and continuously seeking or processing. I tend not to categorise experiences, but rather simply have them and react to them, integrating it into the whole of my experiences. My best learning style is to see materials and relationships as with charts and graphs and retain them easily. However, if asked questions, I find my access blocked since the input mode is auditory and runs counter to my strengths. I can help myself my drawing pictures while I take notes, to use my visual talents.

Overall I will do well in endeavors emphasising the visual such as arts, fashion, or architecture said the website where I found out about how my brian works. I trained as an architect and artist! Reading this was such an eye opener and assisted me in understanding why I do things differently from so many others.

No comments: