Test of Flow, Queensland, Australia


Image:Mongrove, Mission Beach, Queensland, Australia

Edgy, restless, agitated
Did nice things, no satisfaction
Ate nice things, no satisfaction
Ego at a loss
What about soul?
Sigh!
Breathe in
Breathe out
I remembered
Doing nothing in the sun
Music in my ear
In minor, on repeat, ‘by accident’
Like a day dream
Metaphors flashed
Three stained glass windows in the distance
After a long pilgrimage
The beauty of a sacred destination
Triggering sobs
Sobs!
Breathe
Sobbed some more
Surrendered I suppose
Releasing emotions from unknown depths and times
Relieved to let go
Drifting along
A little lighter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a superb distillation of quintessential Queensland colours. I love mangroves. They grow, firmly rooted in the airless sand and mud, get drenched with salt water – environments that kill most plants – and yet they thrive, reaching for light and air – and further, provide they sustenance and security to a host of other species, both above and below the waterline. Not finished with that, mangroves go on to build up their environment.

They’re such good role models. We need more good role models.

Etayne said...

wow. Good words, Marcel.

Marcel Baaijens said...

Thanks,
The mangrove ecosystem seemed fitting for the text. Mangroves get washed over by the ocean tides and cyclones. Water and waves in particular are a metaphor for me for emotions. Seeing the mangroves still standing while the bush a bit further inland was destroyed by cyclone 'Harry'is quite amazing and a sign of strength that I would like to apire to.

Marcel Baaijens said...

The daydream was of the pilgrimage in Northern Spain called: El Camino de Santiago. AS a result from this experience I have decided to walk 800km of this route from the french border in September. Before my trip to Australia I asked the universe to give me a sign about what to do during the month of September. reading back my diary notes from my time in OZ, I noticed I had written 3 times about this pilgrimage without knowing or realising it. When I looked up Santiago on the net, I saw the church there, the same I 'saw' in my 'daydream', again I had a strong emotional reaction. I took that as my cue for what to do next after I leave New Zealand.