Settling in a Forest

Recently I moved to a house in a forest at 500 meter (1500 feet) above sea level in southern Australia. Never before have I lived on such a remote location surrounded by nature.

It is a big change for me, a change that I have been hoping for. Almost two year earlier I left the life I had created for myself and set out on a transformational journey. That journey has ended and with that a new chapter in my life has begun. Living here is very different from anywhere I have lived before. I am really happy with the drastic changes that are not without challenges.

My life has changed in so many ways externally and internally as well. I live in a new house, a new country with a new partner in a new environment. Changes that mirror internal changes that have taken place over the last two years, or at least so I’d like to think.

Since a few days I have internet access at home, enabling me to start posting again on this blog. I want to start with sharing some images and impressions from this particular spot in the world where only a few people live.



Right now I am having a cold, staying close to the wood-burning stove. It’s winter, the coldest part of winter which delivered even snow, a rare event in this part of the world. So for now I leave you with an image from the magical day the snow came down.

No comments: