Heading East

Gate to Topkapi Palace, Istnbul, Turkey.

Istanbul is a gate to the East and a gate to the West. I am in transit here for few days. It is interesting to linger on the edge for a moment and look back where I have just come from. I must admit that there is a sigh of relieve quietly escaping me as such a manicured and controlled society feels a bit claustrophobic to me.

Istanbul, Turkey.

I visited a nightclub where a DJ mixed a variety of traditional Balkan music. The crowd danced passionately, the only option as far as I am concerned when exposed to this type of music. Thank God there are places that resist Western styled cultural globalisation and can retain some of its unique character without remaining stuck in the past.


Interior detail Aya Sofia, Istanbul, Turkey.

No comments: