Hibernation Blues



After two winters in a row I am ready for three summers in a row. This week the weather is teasing me. I responded by wearing shorts today, a bit premature as it is only early spring. It is nevertheless warm, sunny and in the sheltered courtyard very pleasant. I have dragged the work table outside. At night it cools down again, substantially. In eight weeks I will be in the Middle East, hard to imagine, yet... with this sun, I am ready!


You may have noticed some design and layout changes to my blog. I am setting up parallel blogs which are all linked from the main blog. There will be portfolio's dedicated to video's, one for my still images etc. I have posted another video 'H20' in the video portfolio, more will follow soon.



H20 intimately documents people seeking transformation of their state of well being by ritualistically washing themselves and drinking spring water.

The slow and un-focussed nature of the footage gives the video a trans-like quality as if time slowed down. Spoken words have been left untranslated to let them become part of the sound scape, which holds subtle clues of the location where this daily ritual takes place.

Marcel Baaijens, 2006. Shortened web version; TRT 4:30 minutes.
PS: The 'jump-shot look' of the footage is intentional and not the result of poor compression.

No comments: