Showering Sunshine

Digital image: broken outdoor shower at the thermal pools in Sturovo, saved by the blue sky.

Exhibition opening is tonight, will be interesting to see the response from the local community. On Monday I will leave for The Netherlands for two weeks, till then busy making my outfit for carnival in Maastricht which is next weekend. Each town celebrates carnival in it's own way. Maastricht is well-known for the trouble people go through to dress-up and paint their faces. Just the excuse I needed. I am having fun stitching together my outfit and that of companion; my hand puppet (no idea where he/she suddenly came from). I have no plan for the outfit, just bought fabric and some $2 shop items and started cutting and shaping, leaving the design to my fantasy/shadow or whatever needs to be expressed at this moment.

1 comment:

Becky of Arabia said...

Your camino journal called out to my soul. Shedding the old, stable, comfortable life, takes courage and sacrifice and you did it! I enjoyed your journey.

I will start mine in Sept. I am curious to learn more about where your exhibitions will be.

Thank you. Rebecca (tumicki23@yahoo.com)