Third Time Lucky

The first time I arrived in Santiago I went to hospital, but went back to continue El Camino.
The second time I arrived in Santiago I had to buy a new video camera, but went back to continue El Camino.
The third time I arrived in Santiago I completed El Camino De Santiago.

That was Saturday 14 October 2006 at KM stone 0.00.

It has been an interesting journey to say the least, but I have made it, and feel wonderfully exhausted and elated. Grateful for the privaledge to have been on El Camino, particularly after I had to stop walking for a while, I appreciated the opportunity even more. The ´process´ never stopped, wether I was walking or not.

In 14 days time, when I have arrived in Slovakia, I will begin to post immages and details about El Camino, one post for each day of El Camnino.

There is 5 weeks of writing, drawing, filming, thinking, dreaming, talking and intense experiences to digest. First though, celebrate tonight with a glass of wine and relax one more day in Santiago.

During the last week my house sale was finalised, which means I am a nomad now. With El Camino, my period of transition completed the journey can begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Marcel,
You may be a nomad on a journey but there are people back here in Wellington who love and miss you. It is wonderful to know you have completed this phase of your journey. I for one can't wait to experience it through your posts here.
We all send our love and hugs,
Marica and Lynsey