beyond-reasonable-doubt.blogspot.com

I have just created a new blog of a publication by Art Compass a charitable trust I established in 2001 to provide support for talented artists with intellectual disabilities. At the moment I am in the process of closing down the trust as we ran out of funding due to lack of government support. To mark the closing of the wonderful studio and galllery we had and to celebrate the achievements of the artists (participants and staff) we published a book called 'Beyond Reasonable Doubt'. Our opening publication was called 'Until Proven'. Visual language is the first language for most of the artists, we have kept written language to a minimum in this publication.

I am in the midst of packing up and cleaning the studio. It is a sad task, quite depressing at times as the studio was a magic and energetic place. I have to remind myself that when one cycle ends a new one will be born. This image of a monk cleaning is a reminder to accept the task I have to do (since I find it hard to do with enthousiasm or joy, the alternative modes of operating according to Eckhart Tolle).

1 comment:

Annie said...

It must be a sad time to end one thing that you created and enjoyed.

I think the image is a very moving one.